Tuesday 27 November 2007

135 days...

I find it interesting, that there are many drafts but no published posts, for 9 days. I guess I feel this is more like a school report than a diary and I'm loath to publish anything factually untrue, grammatically incorrect or plain self indulgent.

But I've been feeling self indulgent lately. I'm counting down the days (135) and reflecting on the number of times you get the opportunity to go on holiday for 6 months at a time.
In my case, this will be the third! Well, almost. I've had two 4-6 month working holidays (Boston 2001/2 and Colorado 2004/5) but this will be the first where I will be officially without a job for more than 6 weeks.

6 months travelling.... How will my work ethic suffer? I wonder what the entry back into normal society will feel like? Will I become jaded about getting back into the rat-race? (too lazy?) Will I decide that I'd rather be my own boss ( too poor?) or that we should move to Thailand with the elephants....(too big!)

There's also a possibility all this planned travel will not live up to our expectations, and we end up cutting our plans short. But this scenario almost dares not speak; Daniel feels that returning early could be a bit humiliating after all this bigging up. Bring it on!

No comments: