Monday 21 July 2008

19/07/08 - A birthday on the beach.


My birthday was less than an hour old when I got the first of many
well wishes, Thank you Mum for getting the time difference all wrong
;-)

By the time morning came, the blue sky was out and everything was
looking very promising for a nice hot day!! After a fantastic BLAT
breakfast, we were on the road heading for the only thing you should
be doing on a day like this - the beach!!

Our drive south-west was interrupted by the spotting of a massive
storks' nest sitting at the top of a 10-15 metre tree. Whats more,
there were 3 storks perched up there taking in the view. We pressume
it was a family - Mum, Dad and baby, although they all looked the same
size??

A million photos later, and no further interruptions we made it to a
very nice golden sand beach at Roosta, where not alot was done except
lie in the sun all afternoon with an occasional swim!! Very nice.

We finished the day in Haapsalu where the mission was to find a nice
traditional restaurant to celebrate the thirty years. I'm not sure
how traditional we got, but we definitely got the perfect spot looking
out over a lagoon, watching the sun make its way down to the horizon.
And somehow the waitress even knew to put candles on my
white-chocolate cake!!

Thank you very much Marea, and thank everyone for your texts and
e-mails. Unfortunately if you sent a message to my number I used
while in the UK, the sim card doesn't want to work in Estonia - so I
will have to wait and see whether this is a problem for just Estonia
or if it is all of the Baltic countries (I know my phone works in
Poland at least - so I'll get your message sooner or later).

No comments: